Reducing lead times ensures satisfied customers, is good for business and provides an enterprisewide management strategy to improve the competitiveness of your company. In this workshop, you will learn how a unified focus on reducing lead times can eliminate waste, reduce costs and improve quality in all areas of your enterprise.
Time is the most important resource in today’s increasingly competitive global markets. While short product lead times will make customers stick with a company and ensure growing market share, long lead times often result in large inventories, high WIP, unhappy customers and, ultimately, falling competitiveness.
In this workshop, you will find out about the many hidden costs of long lead times and see how Quick Response Manufacturing tools and methods can be used to eliminate these costs in all functional areas of your enterprise.
After finishing this course, you will be able to:
- Assess the lead time situation in your company
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Use your understanding of QRM principles to convince others of the need for change
- Start implementing an initial QRM project
The Power of Time
- The many hidden costs of long lead times and the power of short lead times
- Pitfalls of traditional methods and how QRM provides a new approach to lead time reduction
- Evaluating your organization(s) through short QRM quiz
- Group workshop on waste due to long lead times
QRM and Organization Structure
- The Response Time Spiral and ways to eliminate
- QRM’s cellular structure and how it works
- Case studies on cell implementation
Understand and Exploit System Dynamics
- Rethinking traditional efficiency and utilization measures
- Strategies for developing effective lot sizes
- Capacity planning: key relationships between utilization and lead time
- Accounting strategies
QRM – an Enterprisewide, Unified Strategy
- How QRM extends beyond the shop floor
- QRM solutions for material planning, shop floor control (POLCA), supply chain management, office operations
- Mindeset and performance measures
Participants say about this workshop:
Good overview of QRM and a new way to think about the product delivery process.
Manufacturing Cell Supervisor | Graco
It was very interesting. Much better than most seminars I’ve attended. Professor Krishnamurthy was very interesting and entertaining with excellent real world examples.
Vice President of Manufacturing | Waymar Industries
Half Day Introduction to QRM – Upcoming Events
This seminar is not currently scheduled.
Fee includes workbook and light lunch.