Madison, Wisconsin – www.omnipress.com
Omnipress produces educational meeting materials in print, CD, flash drive as well as online materials including speaker file collection and conference recording.
Results presented by Tracy Gundert (VP of Operations); David McKnight (CEO) at the QRM 2008 Conference.
After some initial QRM training, Omnipress transformed the entire organization into QRM teams at one time.
- Eliminated 40% of forms
- Up to 70% reduction in lead times, for example reduced Digital Media lead time hours from 233 to 93 hours; reduced Digital Media total productive hours from 27 to 21 hours; reduced Digital Media total non-productive hours from 206 to 72 hours
- Improved project velocity
- Less labor required
- Improved team members participation in process improvements
Summer of 2007 – Next QRM thrust: new structure to remove bottlenecks, new print equipments and smaller cells to facilitate white space and lead time reduction
- Up to 29% further reduction in print products lead time including reduced Perfect Bind lead time from 12.12 to 10.92 days; reduced 3-Hole Drill lead time from 11.04 to 7.86 days; reduced Saddle Stitch lead time from 12.38 to 8.75 days; reduced Plastic Coil lead time from 11.86 to 9.72 days
- 25% increase in print revenue along with 8.25% decrease in labor hours
- Fewer rush jobs
- 32% reduction in spoilage
More about Omnipress and QRM
- In tough times, printing company uses UW-Madison-developed methods to recover (UW-Madison News, May 2009)