Doetinchem, Netherlands – www.boschhinges.com
Bosch Hinges is a manufacturer of low-volume, custom-engineered hinges.
Results presented by Godfried Kaanen (Managing Director) at the QRM 2011 Conference.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Situation in 2007: three years working on Lean with improving results but no breakthrough. Company struggled with three persistent questions: How to get rid of backorders? How to assure short delivery times to customers? How to get flow in a high-mix, low-volume environment where one-piece-flow is not an option?
- Made shift from Lean to QRM, made a value stream map and implemented eight colored cells (instead of departments)
- Implemented POLCA, QRM’s production control strategy, to coordinate flow between the cells
- Expanded QRM implementation to the office, creating Q-ROCs
- More than 95% of qoutes within 24 hours
- More than 95% of order confirmations within 24 hours
- Reliability of delivery at 98%
- Throughput time of orders less than five working days
- Delivery times shortened to two to four weeks
- Within three years production time increased from 32% to 62%